Sunday, November 16, 2008

Shift of Focus - Jaded on cloth - New addiction

I guess those of you who read regularly might of noticed a shift of focus on my blog - away from nappies and more towards carriers and random things.


Jaded on Cloth

I have been a bit jaded about cloth lately - I lost about half (maybe more) of my Bubblebubs AND most of my IB Delish inserts AND a WW night nappy AND inserts AND maybe a couple of other fitteds during, what I have put down to, a toxic wee teething saga.

It makes me super sad and a bit angry (not at the nappy makers but at myself and the circumstance) - the thing is cotton is fine its only the bamboo that has disintegrated. My Bubblebubs for instance have flannel and velor inners and they are fine but all the bamboo inside is falling apart and if you hold it up to the sun you can see big holes, iykwim.

It is most probably due to me leaving the nappies for up to 3 days (ie, washing on the third evening) between washes sometimes - I have done this before without drama but I guess combined with teething (on an exclusively breastfed bub!!!!) things just went to the shit:(.

Don't know what I will do if we need to go up to larges - I cant sell these nappies anymore....*sigh*...and we are not buying anymore nappies, I have heaps pf PUL here so Id best get sewing I guess.

New Addiction

Well that pretty obvious isn't it?.......Baby carriers, I am having fun sewing things and buying things, lol, that help me day to day to get on with life (with 4 kids including a non sleeping bub).

I have loaned out carriers, and am trying to spread the baby wearing love...to get people to step away from the pram culture that seems to be taking over and stopping people from picking up their babies.

I hate to see a baby left in a pram self feeding a bottle when they should be held and snuggled while they have a breastfed (or bottle if thats necessary).......so sick of hearing people say babies will get spoiled, put them down, doesn't hurt them to cry, they are manipulating you......so sad to think people believe a young baby whose life depends on physical contact and comfort is being manipulating when they want to fill that need.

Anyway - I shouldn't rant *blush* but better here then to some people irl *wink*

XOXOXOXO

1 comment:

Missy said...

Oh that really sucks about the nappies!! Lucky I was every night or I would be devistated!! Hope he doesn't go to larges!! (though Ash already is lol)
I love that carrier!! You do a great job making them :) When I get a little more sewing savvy I might give one a try :)
I know what you mean about people thinking the kids are spoilt... the classic one I get since I wear Ash almost everywhere is "oh you are making a rod for your own back. He will be really cligy..." blah blah I just wanna slap em sometimes!!