Monday, September 24, 2007

Water Consumption

We got our water bill today and although it has gone down a 'little' it is still too high for my liking.

We used 98kl this period (about 6 mths) which averages out at 510 litres per day - or 102 litres per person per day.

What can I do to reduce this????

I plan on getting a new washing machine - thinking about the aqua smart top loader but really need to do my research first. I am sure that would help.

We dont use water outside the home as a) we are on water restrictions and b) we just don't bother/are not allowed to water our plants or wash our cars.

We wash up by hand......well DH does this mainly.....and we have 2 dogs which obviously add to the water usage through baths and drinking water but not too much.

Obviously less/or shorter showers should be taken and we are working on that.

So any bright ideas??

No comments: