Monday, March 31, 2008

Nappies On A Newborn

OK so I thought I would finally get around to posting opinions (and some photos) of different nappies on my 'little' boy Ari :)....please excuse the newborn crying photos but well he didn't like posing so much at first, lol....if his stump is still on in the photo he is less then a week old...

To give an idea of his size (bare weights given)....

Ari was born weighing 4080g and 52.5cms long
At 5 days he weighed 4130g
At 16 days he weighed 4640g and is 56.5cms long

For the first 3 weeks we have used fitteds, prefolds and covers. His poos are forceful but not to big as yet, we have had no poo escapes at all. His wees are HUGE and we have had a couple of wee leaks either through wicking through FOE or just super saturated nappies, sometimes after 20 minutes.

Fitteds and Prefolds

Infant Prefolds - the prefolds have been at the bottom of the pile....the pad fold didn't really work for us so I have been snappying them....they seem a bit narrow though around his waist now iykwim, but he does have a fairly chunky tummy...I have been folding the front down....absorbency is OK but only good for an hour or so...


Small Poochies Fitteds Made by me - great fit, nice high rise and good bum coverage..I use these at night and I can boost heaps with no dramas with fit....seems Ari has a 4-5 hour sleep at night (sometimes) I need that nappy to be super absorbent...



NB Whizz Kidz Flannelette Fitted (below left)- fabulous fit from birth....I boost with hemp or bamboo miniboosters plus a suedecloth topped hemp booster...so easy to use...

Size 1 Cotton Tots Bots (below right) - Snappy closed with the front folded down these have been great...




Small Honeyboy! Fitteds made by me (below left) - I made these with suedecloth inners so I fold down the front aplix and fasten the TT to that..they are a great fit and still have over an inch in the rise when I unfold them...really good bum coverage....

Terry Flats (below right)..not using them much but good for back up and spew rags..and the cute fluffy white factor :)



Baby Beehind Hemp and Bamboo One Size Fitteds.... I will be using these more and more I think as I am finding, now that Ari is a couple of weeks old, the he out wees his NB fitteds.



Bumgenius X-Small Fitted (left)....This nappy is low rise which has been great for keeping the belly button clean and dry....It is quiet wide through the crotch for an X-small.

Newborn Poochies Fitted Home Made (right)....these are tiny...at 3 weeks I can no longer do up the thigh snap (but that could be my elastic sewing)...lovely and small on a newborn and I never needed the snap down front....



Covers

Bummies Whisper Pants....NB...these are quick and easy to pull up and down, not the cutest cover but effective and quick to wash/dry...



Diapers By Deb Small Cover....Cotton PUL outer, suedecloth inner....cute, good coverage...affordable...We have 2 of these and like them for showing off, we do get some wicking if he wets a lot (which he does a lot)...

2 comments:

Mel :) said...

lol - love his shirt, very cute! Ari is such a cutie!!! who do you think he looks more like? its hard to tell.

love the honeyboy you made him, looks like a great fit. think im going to have to make a couple of them with the material i have lying around here before we have the next one (no, not planning it yet, just thinking ahead!)

Carolyn said...

your little man is growing so quick, and the nappies look ace. you can sew so well. I agree with your commnets tho, the OSFM fit here quite quick too.